Pursuant to Article 7 of the Administrative Regulation, the Territorial Coordination Committee has the purpose of verifying and ensuring the unity of the operational activity and of pursuing optimal levels of efficiency and effectiveness of the Territorial Departments.
The Committee meets at the request of the Director General, who defines the agenda and its composition, calling to participate, according to the topics to be discussed, all the Territorial Directors or just some of them. The Territorial Coordination Committee is convened when at least four territorial departments are present and the number of territorial departments is higher than that of the central departments (directorial determination n.126777 of 26 April 2020).
Other executives and officials of the Agency, as well as external experts, may also be invited to participate in the Committee meetings.
The following functions are delegated to the Territorial Coordination Committee:
- ensure the recognition of general guidelines and homogeneous information on the objectives, strategies and programs of the Agency;
- promote solutions necessary to ensure the simplification and harmonization of the processes and procedures of the territorial structures of the Agency;
- ensure the monitoring and control of the uniform application of the provisions in force in matters of competence;
- become aware of and evaluate the practical consequences of the new regulations;
- promote integrated action on projects across multiple territorial structures;
- coordinate and verify the implementation of programs and projects that involve several territorial structures by removing any impediments.