As of February 1, 2020, the United Kingdom leaves the European Union from, but continues to apply its customs tax and duties (VAT and excise duties) until December 31, 2020.
For companies and citizens, nothing will change until the end of 2020: EU legislation and procedures on the free movement of people, services, capital and goods will remain in force in the United Kingdom.
After December 31, 2020, unless otherwise agreed, the United Kingdom will no longer be part of the customs and fiscal (VAT and excise) territory of the European Union. The circulation of goods between the UK and the EU will therefore be considered trade with a third country.
This section is proposed as a support tool, together with the other initiatives you find in the menu, for the widest possible range of information.
The links to specific information of most interest in relation to the mission of the Agency are available below, divided according to the source. Documents:
- European Council
- In the annex to the Council Decision authorizing the opening of negotiations with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for a new partnership agreement
- Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community
- Revised text of the political declaration defining the framework for future relations between the European Union and the United Kingdom
- European Council Declaration of 29 October 2019
- Special European Council meeting of 17 October 2019
- European Council decision adopted in agreement with the United Kingdom extending the deadline provided for in Article 50, paragraph 3, TEU
- The conclusions adopted by the European Council at the special meeting of 10 April 2019
- European Commission
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules in the field of customs, including preferential origin - 14/07/2020
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of regions - 09/07/2020
- Amended text of the withdrawal agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom as agreed in the negotiations of 17 October 2019, substituting the one published in the OJ C 661 of 19.2.2019, not yet ratified by the British Parliament
- Revised Withdrawal Agreement including the Protocol concerning Ireland and Northern Ireland, intended to replace the corresponding provisions included in the agreement published in the OJ C 144I of 25.4.2019, not yet ratified by the British Parliament
- Finalise preparations for the withdrawal of the UK
- Brexit preparations: Commission intensifies information in the customs sector to raise awareness among EU companies' on a possible "no deal" scenario
- Dealing with the consequences of a UK withdrawal from the Union in a no-deal scenario: the coordinated Union strategy
- Current state of preparations for emergency measures in view of UK's withdrawal from the European Union
- Italian Government Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Preparing for the UK's no-deal withdrawal from the EU
- Decree Law 25 March 2019, n. 22 - Urgent measures to ensure security, financial stability and integrity of the markets, as well as health protection and freedom of residence of Italian and UK citizens, in the event of UK’s withdrawal from the European Union
- Rome, Palazzo Chigi, 10 June 2019 - Brexit coordination
- Customs and Monopoly Agency